IGNORED

3.1 stroker parts - Webbers

RickX

Maybe we had a similiar idea - but instead of datsun pistons I went for a forged set from Diamond Racing. I had them make some forged domed pistons with the correct pin height for the 240Z rods and L28 crank.. I use a P90 and a 1mm steel headgasket (NISMO). Calculated compressoin is 11.4:1 - but I retard the timing a bit and run fine on 91. I found that Diamond's price for the custom pistons was very good. If your interested I could provide you with the piston number from my run (i had two sets made). They could make a flat top very easily.

:classic:

hi,

please e-mail me the piston number, the address or e-mail or phone number of the company that make it.

thanks,

hf240z@yahoo.com

Originally posted by Fentin_Fury

Maybe we had a similiar idea - but instead of datsun pistons I went for a forged set from Diamond Racing. I had them make some forged domed pistons with the correct pin height for the 240Z rods and L28 crank.. I use a P90 and a 1mm steel headgasket (NISMO). Calculated compressoin is 11.4:1 - but I retard the timing a bit and run fine on 91. I found that Diamond's price for the custom pistons was very good. If your interested I could provide you with the piston number from my run (i had two sets made). They could make a flat top very easily.

:classic:

I just surfed a few sites and found J E and then Ross pistons.

They don't list a specific part number, but they acknowledge that 6 customs pistons forged wouls be $ 439.00. I know that J E makes them as I have seen them sold by various dealers like AZ Z.

The reason I mentioned Ross is that I have set of 426 pistons for the '64 & '65 426 wedge engine. Production was real low just 500 426 cars per division per year. Z does everything better than a 426, except market value, 30K.

Ross will even hand fit the pins for $3.50 each! Cobra guys like them too. If I go 3.1 and Webbers, I'll go forged to avoid any problems like burn holes sorting out mixture & advance curve.

Manley has a stock # on stainless for Z's one is 38mm on the exhaust. Is that too big for an E-31? Manley makes great valves, never burnt #3 in a VW. That's a hot cylinder.

Rick