IGNORED

cam gear wont go bak on!

z_boi

Thats exactly how i have the wires and rotor. I jus rechecked it, did some adjustments and its at the exact location.

Im gettin spark and i smell a lot of fuel on the plugs. still wont start. the #1 cyl. cam lobes are both pointed up. Crank pully is at tdc and the camgears timing mark is jus right of the oblong groove. Wat can it be?

If there were the wrong amount of links between to cam gear and the crank gear then the valve timing would be off, correct? So that would mean the cam gears timing mark would not be jus right of the oblong groove when the crank is at tdc. And that would also mean that the both cam lobes wouldnt be pointed up. am i correct?

I'll have to take everything off and check the amount of chain links tomorrow if it doesnt start.:ermm:

The car started up after i reasembled everything. It idled fine, but ran rough. then i adjusted the cams again because when i checked, it was off. after that, it wouldnt start. Well, it started up for a quick second then jus died.:(

If the engine ran before you adjusted it, I would suggest that you adjust the cam sproket back to where you had it and see if the engine fires.

If it does then adjust the sproket in the opposite direction to what you originally did.

THis 15 degree adjustment is obsolutly critical.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...