IGNORED

Why wont it idle right

280zx Fever

I do not like that answer, it sound s like all the air settings are screwed up, the adjustments are way out allowing the ngine to run without the oil cap. The oil splash is fine. All I can say here is, you will have to inspect all of the hoses for loose clamps and possible splits also you should have an EGR valve at the end of the intake manifold near the fire wall (it will look a bit rusty around the base), it may not be fully seated (light tap with a small hammer) very gentle. It may be coked up in the seat area below the valve.

The fix may be confirming some issues with the temp sensors circuit then adjusting meterd air down to normal when system hot. sorry I am not around the corner, we could probably sort it out in a day.

cheers

Steve :classic:

I would say that another place to look, is look at the electrical side of the cold start(warm up circuit). as you may not have a good connection electricaly to the thermite switch under the thermostat.

The book items for to high or to rough idle are:

air regulator, fuel pressure, injector leak, cold start valve leak.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Once you have the ignition timming set correctly, the area to focus for idle speed adjustment is to possibly, two valves on the throttle body end of the inlet manifold, as to the position and type this is market and engine specific, to easily identify to you where to adjust you need to post a picture of the area where the throttle body intake attach, taken from the passenger side of the car. Then better assistance can be offered.

cheers