Water leak at no. 6 - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Water leak at no. 6

Featured Replies

compression seems fine, it's low but that's probably normal readings for your comp ratio mine is about 9.5:1 - 10:1 so i get around 180 PSI.

Did mine cold also.

i think get it running hot see if it's still leaking and confirm where from. Coolant leaves brown stains as u probably know so clean those up and see if u can locate the leak again.

Test if your still getting what it appears to be from a cylinder when hot and quickly do a compression test then. Although I don't think you'd notice any diff in compression if it's leaking from the side or water jacket area combustion chamber could be fine.

I have to agree with Gav240z, the compression is lower range but they are in good percentage across the cylinders. Another hot test is not really warranted, and it is a frustrating job hot.

2ManyZs suggested a cold retorque on the cylinder head bolts, did you get that one done.

I supposed lastly I would get it hot and see if I was happy with the power, If it is thumbs up with no leaks problem solved.

cheers

Steve :classic:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.