IGNORED

Mmmm....love that smell of gas

blitzkraig

So I've been told that the original 240z hatch vents were the worst idea for the Z car. The aerodynamics of the car were such that it sucks all the fumes right back into the cabin. So on later models the vents were on the quarters where the emblem is. Now I'm not as big a fan of the later 240z quarter emblems as I am of the originals. I'd like to weld up the hole on the quarters of my 71 and stick the original emblems on but I'm worried about getting suffocated by invading gas fumes. Does anyone know if this is what really happens or should I experiment with some duct tape over the holes?:ermm:

Hi Craig,

Like you, I have spent many hours trying to come up with solutions to stopping the gas smell on my 1970 Zed. I have done just about everything possible, with some varying degrees of success. The last thing I tried was to replace the non original rear hatch rubber with a factory spare, which has improved the situation considerably. The original replacement rubber was not cheap, but the reduction in gas smell is worth it.

Cheers

Dazza