IGNORED

OEM parts site

LanceM

I checked and didn't see anything that said I couldn't post this but if I shouldn't moderators please delete it and accept my appoligy.

I just found this place, OEM Nissan parts by the thousands, so they say, at what look to be great prices. Their web site isn't complete but here's the link.

http://www.oem-surplus.com/nissanwebpage/

I have no connection with these people, don't know anything about them, just found the site and wanted to pass it along to those looking for OEM parts for a restoration that can't be found anywhere else, maybe here.

These people have been listing quite a number of parts on Ebay lately, not a lot of Z parts, but there have been some decent parts going of reasonable prices.

Here's one of their auctions...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2432227131&category=33617

They also have a new front crossmember listed as well.....

This is the second E-88 head and about the 3rd crossmember I've seen, so far they don't seem to have a lot of different parts to choose from for early cars.

Originally posted by 2ManyZs

These people have been listing quite a number of parts on Ebay lately, not a lot of Z parts, but there have been some decent parts going of reasonable prices.

Wow, I can't believe the wiring harnesses are so expensive. I was thinking about trying to replace some of mine due to a previous short that was rewired. Other than being able to find the connectors, it doesn't seem to me like a wiring harness would be all that hard to fabricate. After all, it's just a bunch of wires wrapped up in electrical tape. ROFL

The prices they list are the factory list price. I think all their auctions are No Reserve auctions.

I'd be willing to bet, they bought all these parts for pennies on the dollar of their dealer wholesale prices. This is how companies such as Year One got their starts, they buy up all the parts that are sitting on dealers shelves that the factory won't let the dealers return for credit. They have to get rid of it sooner or later.....

GM started their own Restoration Parts Group after they realized how much money was in parts that they wouldn't let the dealers return. They did a one-time return of any unsold parts that the dealers still had in stock. Some of the bigger dealers we delivered to had rented storage trailers to hold it all. We spent the better part of a week just trying to haul it all in. One local dealer( a small to mid-size dealership), had 5 storage trailers full of NOS parts for cars all the way back to the mid 60's.....

I bid on the last E-88 head they listed, and had it the high bid until the last 30 seconds.... the bid went from 125.00 to 230 in 30 seconds... darn people with their DSL connections....:stupid: :devious: :angry:

I have bought a couple of items from these people; the only frustrating thing about dealing with them is that if you want to know whether or not a piece is available they will only be able to look it up by a part number. They are in the process of moving an entire warehouse of parts from Wisconsin to Oklahoma and they only have logged in about 15 % of their inventory.

I did score a brand new dashboard for my '86 300ZX hardtop for only $125.00! It arrived in the original plastic bag and box from Nissan.

Wouldn't it be something to drive out to the warehouse with a truck and buy all of the parts you think your Z or Z's would need? Anybody up for a roadtrip?

I've bought a gasket set and one of those crossmembers that 2ManyZ's was mentioning. $9.99 for the gaskets and $31 for the crossmember. I looked at the Heads, but the part number had N33 in it - is that an E88 head?

Anyway, they've delivered and I have no complaints.