IGNORED

Blown Head Gasket!!!

Gav240z

Well finally solved the problem it was the distributor module that was causing all the headache's. I had the rarest of all dizzies too the series 2 turbo 280zx electric dizzy(mitsubishi) so the module wasn't easy to find. I ended up forking out for another electronic dizzy with the E12 module(Hitachi) I think is the one.

The car is going ok but I'm also bought another cylinder head with a larger duration camshaft. Around 76 degree's :) which is what I was thinking of doing.

I was tempted to go with a turbo set up I saw for around $3k but decided I was best of not doing that just yet anyway.

Thanks for the advice everyone and I'll let you know how my new camshaft profile turns out.

Will have to get the dizzy recurved also :).

BTW: If anyone has a module to suit the mitsubishi dizzy let me know.

Gav240z,

glad to here you got to the bottom of that. 76 degree cam sounds excellent who made it is it internal oiled is it billet profile, let us knw how it goes.

I am interested in the mitsubishi dissy you pulled out, amy chance of some pics and maybe the main body part number, as you know I am running mitsubishi and my spare is identical so I would be interested to see what you have.

cheers

Steve:classic: