IGNORED

Would you use a chat room?

Mike

Would you use a chat room?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a chat room?

• Yes
    • No

We are considering the possibility of a chat room on this site. It has been talked about before, but, nothing ended up working out.

I now have more resources at my disposal and can provide a chat room. If some of you wish to use the chat room to discuss Zcar information (or whatever else you want to chat about), I can look into it.

Would you use the chat room if it was provided?

Most definately!

This site has grown loads over the last couple of months. There is a lot of really decent people I have met on here and anyway that encourages us all to Chat Z stuff, keep in touch and increase our knowledge is a winner!!

Definately a thumps up Mike :)

Yessum, it is amazing what a combined volume of knowledge elicits when needed.

From there you will need to catalgue the responses so the same questions don't get asked over and over again as happens in some other chat rooms (BTW - this is the bit that takes up all the time).

If you need to know what I mean have a look at this site

http://www.rzrd500.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html

When new members come along, they don't read the archives and so the same questions get asked. After a while the active members stop posting and start emailing or messaging each other individually.

However, as it would be new, I would use it.

Greg

Bigmac,

I see a lot of pitfalls with a system like that. But, I would consider that type of software a bulletin board (as the title suggests) rather than a chat room.

That site doesn't have search or topic based capability. So, new users must search through the entire list. Not a good way to set it up.

We've got search, categories, and will be adding the availability of a chat room to talk with others who are also online. The chat is more real-time and there are no archives.

What do you mean? You are online right now and so am I! :)

I work every day with Australians. Our time overlap this time of year is great! My 2pm is your 9am (next day).

If we had a chat room at this moment, we could jump in there, chat for a few minutes, and be on with it...

Only bad overlap with us (West Coast USA, anyway) is the UK.

I understand what you mean, at this time of day we are at work - I am lucky to be able to do this because I own the company I work for, in 3 hours when I finish work it does start to get late. I have a friend in Florida who I correspond with and it seems that with his family etc, his only time to chat is when I am at work. I hope this does work, because I think it is a great idea.

Greg

I've always wished this site had a chat room,but there are never enough people in here at one time to chat with.I have a 72 240 that a friend left me when he died.It needs some work,,,,,,,for instance,I think I'm gonna need a new rear hatch back,as the one on this one is pretty rusted out.Where in the world do I find something like that?