IGNORED

Kart Racing

That Ozzy Guy

As some of you may have noticed (yeah right:cheeky: ) I've been away for a little while. Reason being I've cought the kart racing bug and have been searching and researching for a suitable go kart to begin with.

Anyone race or used to race or is thinking about racing go karts?

Looks like a fantastic sport and some of the comparisons, stats and figures I've seen are mindblowing. These things are bloody fast and if thrills is your thing then check it out.

G'day Rick

A kart flip never hurt no one, except for the 13yr old girl who was travelling up to 80km/h, flipped and died as a result of her kart landing on her. See story here.

Yes, it is a dangerous motorsport but there are no thrills without any spills. A friend of mine was just telling me that after he flipped his kart he went faster than ever after recovering because he wasn't afraid anymore.

The great thing abourt this sport is it teaches the young generation how to handle a moving vehicle and I'd feel alot safer on the road if more kids were doing it. And the young hoons you speak of; if they took their pent up frustration out on the track they wouldn't be doing it on public roads.

Got a towbar? A trailer? Those are some things I'd like... ROFL

Yeh, I have a go-kart, J-class or clubman I forgot... but I only drive it down the road occasionally :stupid: LOL LOL it's very, very fun. But only do it if you're indestructable, like me, hey Rick? :sleepy: Yeah, I guess it does kinda defeat the purpose...

Are you near a track? That helps too! Oh and if you get a friend to buy one too, you'll have 10x the fun.

Hey Lachlan

Instead of jumping in the deep end and buying a cart with no means to take it to the track etc I have somehow managed to control my impolsive shopping disorder and do it the right way. So, I'm getting the tow bar fitted, the cheap trailer and helmet, suit, gloves, boots etc and once I have all that I will buy the kart and be ready to practice for 6 months or more and then get my P's to race.

One of my friends has been doing it for 6 years now so we'll be going together. That will definately be fun and his experience should cut my learning time in half.

Hey george, you need to rock up to the track in the 240, to fit in the hoon image thing, and boy do I have a deal for you, a 240/260Z towing setup going cheap, bolts on no mods :).

Karting looks like serious fun, but at 6'7 I would need to be lucky to find any form of motorsport that will fit me in ROFL . It seems to me though, that 90 percent of people who take up carting give up within the first season or so (I only ever got the minutest way through building my off road kart), your mate doesnt have an old cart you can borrow/use/setup for your first season before you have to buy a new one?

Hope your reflexes are damn quick too.

ROFLLOLROFLLOL

AAAWWWWW, George,

Yanks are FUN to play with mate. That's just ONE reason why I like 'em.

By the way mate, ref the go-carts, go for it George, GO FOR IT.

Have fun and enjoy life while you're young.

I said that I no longer think I'm invulnerable but that wasn't always the case.

Why, I remember --------------- but that was too long ago.

Enjoy, George, Enjoy.

Rick.