IGNORED

adjustable or non adjustable shocks?

z_boi

Im tryin to decide if i really want the adjustable or non adjustable shocks. I fugure. if i get adjustables, i would have it set on comfort most of the time. and if i get ono adjustables. i wont be able to have as comfortable ride as i would with the adjustables but would save some money.

So what do you guys think?

RULE #1 Performance costs $. How much "performance" do you want? If you have stock springs, and/or don't want maximum performance, you can get by without adjustable struts (I do) but if you want PERFORMANCE, you will want the adjustable struts and stiffer springs (maybe even coil-overs), PU bushings, fat sway bars, etc.

It's a tough choice, but ultimately you are the only one who can decide; based on your budget, desires, etc.

I agree with Carl. Decide on your upgrade goal first. I put some good quality shocks on a previous Z for street and it did me good, with out sacrificing a nice ride for my better half (Wife).

But now we built a road race car and our goal was performance and went with 400lbs. coil springs & non-adjust. Tokico shocks up front and 350lbs. coil springs with adjustable Tokico shocks in the back. Added strut brace up front and welded gusits on rear towers. Also installed heavy duty sway bars and poly-bushings, then camber plates into the system too. . . talk about Cheeze Whiz, Cheeze Whiz this thing sticks and handles like it's on rails, but you feel it in your seat, and wallet too! Wouldn't want to daily drive a car that felt so hard.

(j. m. 2 cents)

Non-adjustable is not to be confused with Low performance.

The Tokico HP "Blues" are stiff. They are about the eqivalent to the mid setting on the Luminas. They are not a very comfortable ride in my opinion. They give me the performance I was looking for. But my harshness is amplified by the Urethane bushes, MSA springs and thick juicy sway bars!

Originally posted by Victor Laury

Non-adjustable is not to be confused with Low performance.

The Tokico HP "Blues" are stiff. They are about the eqivalent to the mid setting on the Luminas. They are not a very comfortable ride in my opinion.

That is certainly true. Tokiko Blues are performance struts, though not as sophisicated as the adjustable Illuminas.

As I was posting I was thinking more on the lines of KYB's or Monromatic struts as less than "performance" (non-adjustable)parts.