IGNORED

vinyl dye

nutxo

Right now with all the other stuff Im planning my interior is possibly gonna be put off for at least a year. I was trying to think of some cheap ways to improve my interior since Im currently using my car as a daily driver.

I was thinking of trying vinyl dye on many of the brown interior parts to make em black.

Anyone ever tried this?

no, nothing really big, largest piece was probably my glove box door, but it came out very evenly, i would suspect it would be the same throughout a large surface, i come to this conclusion largly because it dries slowly so it also dries very evenly, causing the desired affect, unlike spraypaint sometimes does when it dries too fast...

-Zach

• 1 month later...

I just finished prepping and dyeing/painting my seats and they turned out fantastic. They had been dyed earlier and they did a terrible job.

I first cleaned them with Dawn and water with a plastic bristle brush and got most of it off. Then I took lacquer thinner and got the rest off. Make sure you don't leave it on long. Then I finished with a good rinse and waited a week to dry out.

Then I sprayed on Bull Dog, it's a coating used for flexable bumpers etc. and left it for 5 or so minutes then took the cans of vinyl paint(dupli color) to the seats.

My buddies couldnt believe how nice they turned out.

they were originally the butterscotch color and I dyed them black, they guy(s)? before me also dyed them black.

I thought hard the week I let them dry out on leaving them the original color but the rest of my interior was black....