Vacuum line locations - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Vacuum line locations

Featured Replies

I've been going through and replacing vacuum lines and I need a little bit of help. Some of my lines are labeled, but I cant seem to find anything that references them besides a terrible picture diagram.

Whatever this thing is below, im looking for where the hose that is connected in the yellow circle is terminated. I know is a long hose, it was disconnected at some point and I dont know where it leads. I know it goes around the back of the engine to the driver side somewhere.

I have already replaced the EGR hose, Fuel pressure regulator hose. There is also a line that runs front to back along the manifold that was replaced. I cant seem to find anything left where that hose would reach. The hose is labeled C.

20260701_201614788_iOS.JPG 20260701_204001278_iOS.jpg

I also need to find out what the connector pictured below connects to. It looks like a diaphragm that adjusts the throttle? Nothing was ever hooked up to this when I got it. it doesnt connect to the above. The hose above is way to small. I saw a T under the air intake, but i have everything hooked up there, as far as know.

20260701_202239967_iOS.JPG

7 hours ago, nowak1981 said:

I've been going through and replacing vacuum lines and I need a little bit of help. Some of my lines are labeled, but I cant seem to find anything that references them besides a terrible picture diagram.

Whatever this thing is below, im looking for where the hose that is connected in the yellow circle is terminated. I know is a long hose, it was disconnected at some point and I dont know where it leads. I know it goes around the back of the engine

20260701_202239967_iOS.JPG

The nozzle in your photo does not have a vacuum hose conne ted to it. It is a restricted open outlet to retart the diaphragm action.

See photo of my 280Z.20260702_075534.jpg

I can check my car tonight and get back to you with the other connections. Mine is still more or less original.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.