Seat Return Spring - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Seat Return Spring

Featured Replies

Hi all -

I took the spring-loaded seat hinge apart to re-grease it since it was making a squeak noise when I moved in the seat (the arm that sits between the seat back and bottom that does not contain the angle adjusting hinge) and after re-assembling it, the hinge flops around.

Does the spring need to be spun to get tensioned before re-assembly? If so, how is that done?

By chance did you try a cleaner and spray able grease before you removed it. Trying to understand the process you went with.

  • Author
26 minutes ago, Yarb said:

By chance did you try a cleaner and spray able grease before you removed it. Trying to understand the process you went with.

I did but to no avail. I even ended up blasting the old grease/dirt out with brake cleaner and then relubing it with sprayable silicone lubricant but the squeak didn't go away

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.