IGNORED

Badge Placement on Hatch (73 240Z)

z3beemer

Whenever I do body work on a panel that has holes in it to accommodate the pins on the back of the emblems, I usually cover over then with body filler.  Often times these holes are a starting point for rust. I usually cut the pins off the back of the badge and attach them to the body using 3M autobody trim tape. With the holes covered and the pins removed it's hard to determine the exact location of the badge.  Attached is a template I made for proper location of the emblems on the rear hatch .  You can print it off, cut it out, place it on the right rear corner of the hatch and mark the exact location of the badges.  The dots on the template are the exact location of where the pins were on the badge.  These were for the rear hatch on my 73 240Z, not sure if it's the same on other model years

240Z hatch badges.pdf

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

That's an interesting method for dealing with water intrusion. I also think it's great you shared the template. Please don't take what follows as criticism!

I will counter by saying Ive seen a good many rusty Zs. I dont recall any being rotten around the emblem pins or having damage from water intrusion from the emblem pins. It's almost always something else. I also suspect most restored cars aren't subject to the elements on a regular basis.

Though your method might help the paint last and not bubble near the emblems . A little silicone at each pin hole might accomplish a similar result

• Like 2