IGNORED

Please recommend best quality shifter and emergency brake boot replacements

Silver-240Z

I’m doing some upgrades of my 240Z’s interior and would like to replace the current shifter and emergency brake boots even though they look fairly ok. I’ve seen them in vinyl and synthetic leather but can’t really tell from crappy photos online. Thanks 

If you are not a stickler for originality, Redline makes some stuff out of real leather.  I purchased a leather shifter and handbrake boot for my 2nd gen MR2 and was pleased with the quality. 

https://www.redlinegoods.com

Granted, not a 240Z, but this give you some idea of the leather grain and stitching Redline uses.

Image014.jpg

Edited by DatsunZGuy
Fixed URL and added photo

58 minutes ago, Silver-240Z said:

BTW I also need to replace my seatbelts as they are a pain in the arse to use. Right now the only version I've looked at is from the Z store. 

I have aftermarket belts from Wesco that are perfect for my car. I installed the Roadster Retractable belts years ago and am quite satisfied. The retractor is installed at the shoulder belt mount point above the quarter window. If you go with these, specify the 11" rigid sleeve for the buckle. No hardware kit is required and you can use your OE seatbelt bolts. https://www.wescoperformance.com

• Like 2
  • Agree 1