IGNORED

280Z ECU connector contacts

JagoBlitz

Hello,

does anybody know what contacts are the correct ones for the 280Z 35Pin ECU connector? It is an AMP connector, but I cannot find the correct contacts. At first I thought it were the Junior Power Timer contacts, but they don't have the exact same dimension - they seem to be a little too small...according to the drawing that I found.
I would like to completely rewire the injectors.
Thank you for your help.

Edited by JagoBlitz

Maybe the JPT are the correct ones or at least compatible, I just ordered them to test if they might work.
But on the drawing I found a width of 2.80mm and I measure 3.00mm.

Because I don't have the correct extraction tool right now I could not compare other dimensions yet.

Edited by JagoBlitz

Hello. Curious if you have any pics. My 75 280Z is not with me yet. I'm assuming I will be doing some wiring updates, as things like the injectors have been butt-spliced. 

I've assumed all the terminals are JPT, since the FI system is Bosch L-Jetronic, or at least a licensed copy thereof.

The male terminals are all 2.8mm, the female would certainly be wider if you are measuring the 'tang' width. Are you using the revised terminals with the spring tab sleeves?

Example:  TE 964286

I usually get all my JPT terminals from Mouser, however I have stooped to buying some off Aliexpress. Those are not always to spec.

Just to provide some context, I am very familiar with extensive wiring mods. I had to fabricate harnesses for the Honda K24 drivetrain into my '87 Bertone X1/9, and for the ongoing LS1 swap into my 91 Volvo 740 (converted to pickup). I keep an extensive supply of terminals & use the proper crimp tools

spacer.png

Edited by HusseinHolland

8 hours ago, JagoBlitz said:

Male contacts on the ECU are 3.0mm.

Not sure that takes a difference in terms of the std JPT terminal/receptacle connection. I have many Bosch (Volvo) LH ECU's, I can check the male tab dimensions for reference - they all use JPT receptacles for the harness connection.

Do you have a picture of the receptacle housing Nissan used?

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 10.51.48 PM.png

Edited by HusseinHolland

I took a quick look into this and I think the female contacts are Junior Timer (not JPT, just JT).

Here's some pics and part numbers for you to dig around with.

825213-1 - This should be something close to the ECU mounted male tab connector:
35P connector male.jpg

827663-5 - This should be something close to the harness mounted female contact connector:
35P connector female.jpg

And here's an example of the female junior timer contacts:
junior timer contact.jpg

I took a look at the harness I have here and it appears the contacts have a gap between the fingers, and this modification shows up in one of the catalogs as a "special version". Looks like this:
junior timer contact2.jpg

If you need part numbers for junior timer contacts, let me know, but I suspect armed with the above, you should be able to easily turn up something that will work.   :beer:

• Like 2