IGNORED

sandblaster.

inline4

you can buy a attachement to go on your compressor its just a hose that goes into a bucket of sand and agun type nozzle that blows sand out is quite good for small areas

Our local Autoparts store Repco has them on special every now and then for $30 aus

You need to have a clean floor and seperate area to do it so as to be able to sweep up sand and re use it and control dust

Mick

You want to make sure you have a big air tank attached to your compressor or it will get very frustrating constantly running out of pressure. This is what happened to me the first time I sandblasted a car with a smaller compressor. It had good pressure for a few minutes then didn't perform well until pressure built back up again. I spent more time waiting for the pressure to build up than I did actually sandblasting.

2 things

one is media selection. You may be told that playground sand from any department/home improvement store will work. It is a bad choice because it has a lot of organic matter in it and tends to absorb moisture and clog in the gun and the feed tube the wrong media can also damage whatever you are blasting if you are not careful

two is fighting moisture. Getting a line drier, even a cheap disposable one can help tremendously this will especially be an issue if you are taxing your air source.

good luck!