IGNORED

'70-71 240Z Glovebox

texasz

Originally posted by texasz

mdbrandy, good about that but NOT good about the condition that the dash showed up in! :disappoin Currently trying to get a claim filed but it looks like I may be screwed...!@#$%@#$% USPS!

Bummer :mad: . Was it crushed, cracked, what? I'm especially interested since I just shipped my dashpad to EricB in Los Angeles, for forwarding to Australia! It apparently made it OK from me (Illinois) to LA, but that's only a small part of it's travel plans. I used UPS, though, instead of USPS, but UPS told me that they wouldn't insure it for more than $100 since it was being sent for restoration, and thus was not worth much anyway. :finger: Harrumph. At least it made it OK so far. Good luck getting anything out of any carrier it seems. They don't seem to give a s__t.

All of the carriers can be a pain to get claims from. They are real quick to point out their regulations after the fact...all of that fine print that they fail to mention beforehand. A hint for the future: If the item is in a good box with 2 inches of foam (not peanuts, they say that's not good enough) on ALL sides they will usually shut up and pay, regardless of what happened. This has been my observation, anyway.

The dash showed up cracked and with puncture like dents in the dash mat that were not there in the pix the seller sent me and I have talked with him and he said that none of these were there when he boxed it up. It is really sounding like they will not pay, especially since it was not padded properly...even though the seller asked when sending it and they told him that it was fine and would not be damaged the way it was. :angry:

mdbrandy, since you are sending it for restoration I would not worry too much about the shipping there (any damage will be repaired any how) and when they return it they say that they pack them well so there should be no problems on the return trip either.