IGNORED

'70-71 240Z Glovebox

texasz

I need the inside of the glovebox for my 240Z, I have a VERY early '71. If other year models work that's fine, but I need the actual 'box' of the glovebox. This seems to be some type of paper/cardboard material and mine is trashed.

Used and cheap is good as long as it is intact, new is ok too but I have not found anywhere that has them. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!! :D

I have a friend that used the box liner from a early maxima.It was plastic and had easy snaps to collapse it for in and out for gauge access.I don't recall the year.sorry.He said install was simple.I dont think it took much modifying if any.

I'm in San Antonio also, gramercyjam. Been to any Z-Sport meetings?

Sorry, texasz....I have a used glove box innard also. It has one small piece of a corner torn out on the top. Would be pretty hard to see in the car. Let me know if you're interested and we'll work something out.

No, but I have met the club Prez when he came over to pick up a gas tank I wanted out of my garage. Seems he has quite a collection of Z's. I gutted my car for racing and I have all these parts cluttering up my garage now I need to get rid of. :)

I'll wanted to make one of the meeting sometime, but I won't remember. Maybe you can send me an email to remind me for the next meeting?

You should bring your Z's out to a SASCA event (www.conehunter.com). Wasn't Z-Sport there last month doing a BBQ to raise some money? I was doing the timing and scoring and didn't get a break all day so I didn't get a chance to say Hi.

--John

'763 FP 240Z

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay...I have not forgotten about you guys who have replied to me.

I have a 'new' dash on it's way to me and the seller originally told me that he did not have the glovebox but then just before he shipped it he found it and has included it for me. I waiting to get it so I can see what condition it is in before I make any further decisions.

Have you contacted MSA? On page 118 of their catalog, they list part 40-3351 as the Glove Box Compartment for a 70-73 for $17.05. Doesn't mean that the REALLY have it, but it isn't listed as unavailable.

Originally posted by texasz

OK, now I feel a little stupid. I looked in MSA and VB and did not see this, that's why I posted here. :stupid: I see it now, thanx for the info.

No problem. Finding specific stuff in these catalogs can be a real pain sometimes. The reason I know where it is is because I also need one. Maybe I ought to order it so if they really have it, I'll have it when I need it...

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by texasz

Thank you to all who replied, the dash I bought came with one (fortunately the seller was able to locate it before he shipped the dash to me).

That's good, because MSA does NOT have them anymore, and I haven't been able to find one to replace my torn up one :disappoin .