IGNORED

Embarking on Restoration (will need help)

SupremeCling

I have decided that the right thing to do for my Z is rebuild it. I had planned to do so eventually, but much later down the line in my ownership. Here is why:

1. Rust on Floor Pans needs replaced
  2. Rust on Lower Front Fenders and Dog Legs needs replaced
  3. This post resulted in this:
    • Broke head off of bolt in exhaust manifold that connected EGR to exhaust manifold which means I need to remove the intake manifold to replace the exhaust manifold
    • Discovered more surface rust that is on the cusp of becoming cancerous rust
  4. Needs repainted

After discovering more rust when working on the EGR, I could no longer avoid what I knew was coming. I love these cars so much, that I would not feel right letting this one get in any worse condition. It is a real bummer too, because the engine and transmission have less than 70,000 original miles on it. 

I do have logistical problems though. Primarily being that I live in Lodo of Denver, Colorado and do not have a garage to work on the car. My brother offered to let me use his garage in his new house, but he bought the house a week ago. And I have never done a rebuild before, so I am learning as I go

So...does anyone want to rebuild a 280z with me? I am sure I am going to need tons of help any way, but wanted to see if anyone wanted to work on a car for sport!

• Like 1