Headlight Relay Harness - 6 Pin or 9 Pin? - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Headlight Relay Harness - 6 Pin or 9 Pin?

Featured Replies

Getting ready to order a much needed headlight relay harness, parking light harness, and side marker conversion plugs.  I want to confirm I have the 9 pin harness plug before ordering.  I probably could build my own like others have, but looking for plug-and-play.

Where do I look for connector?  Near headlight switch on steering column?  In front of radiator?

My late 73 Z has a 7/73 built date, and does have intermittent wipers.  Probably 9 pin, just want to make sure.

Thanks, Ken

Take the cover off of the steering column. It's right at the headlight switch. 

The 9 pin connector looks like this:

20210831_075509.jpg

20210831_075500.jpg

The 6 pin connector is much flatter and wider.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.