IGNORED

Any smog tips?

dylancorrea1

Finally got the car running decent and its time to pay fees and smog. hooked up my carbon canister with a T fitting, adjusted AFM so it runs a bit leaner at idle. Timing needs to be set to 10° along with a new oil

change pre smog. I have also decided to do a e85 and regular gas mixture, a 3:2 ratio, 3 gallons of premium gas and 2 gallons of e85. Is there anymore I could do to ensure a pass for California smog? Car still smells like gas but not as much after adjusting afm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adjust your valves. Check your compression to make sure you don't have a weak cylinder. Ask and pay for a pretest. That way if you do not pass, it does not count against you. Then you can adjust and try another pretest. After you pass the pretest, do the regular test.

If you fail the pretest, post your results.

Excess HC - You aren't burning your fuel. (Ignition/timing/compression)

High CO - You are running rich.

High NOx - You are running lean.

Adjust your valves. Check your compression to make sure you don't have a weak cylinder. Ask and pay for a pretest. That way if you do not pass, it does not count against you. Then you can adjust and try another pretest. After you pass the pretest, do the regular test.
If you fail the pretest, post your results.
Excess HC - You aren't burning your fuel. (Ignition/timing/compression)
High CO - You are running rich.
High NOx - You are running lean.

Thank you, I will dig into running more tests and definitely pay for the pretest to see my results and post them.

One more thing, a fuel pressure gauge could be helpful. Put it between the fuel filter and fuel rail. If your CO is high or NOx is high, you'll need to know your fuel pressure. It could be off spec.

One more thing, a fuel pressure gauge could be helpful. Put it between the fuel filter and fuel rail. If your CO is high or NOx is high, you'll need to know your fuel pressure. It could be off spec.

I will also check that since I did install a new fuel pump not to long ago, thank you.