IGNORED

Cylinder wall rust.

280z5368

3 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Well wait a minute. They hot tanked it and it didn't get that blue paint off?

Maybe they just honed the cylinder walls?

Yep, I think your cylinder walls were just honed. Every block I've had dipped came back nothing but steel. No paint.

They say they hot tank it, as far as it is clean outside but is weird to me that is not cleaned the paint

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 280z5368 said:

Yes, that's the main reason I send it to get hot tank, maybe if I had it baked instead, but is too late. I wish I had more to reduce that but the passages are as clear as they are goinf to get. Crosshatch I think could have been done better, looks kind of wavy not straight.

I would call the machinest and ask what they did. What you paid for but don't wizz them off they may be your only help. LOL

3 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I would call the machinest and ask what they did. What you paid for but don't wizz them off they may be your only help. LOL

A friend told me a one but I ended up going to another that was closer, lesson learned. I won't bother with that store anymore im going to put the engine aside for a bit since i plan on getting a 240z in a few days. Still hurts that they would say one thing and do another

• Like 1