IGNORED

Electric antenna

tanny

I am installing an electric antenna in a 73 240z and was wondering how the antenna should be angled relative to the car: does it angle back parallel to the centerline of the car, or does it angle back and inward toward the centerline of the car? When I install it and attach the lower brace, it wants to angle back and toward the hatch, and when hatch is open the antenna misses it by about 3/4 of an inch when extended. Does that sound right or not? Thanks, Victor.

It should angle back slightly, but it should be nearly vertical and not angle in towards the hatch or centerline. You might be able to bend the motor mount slightly to get it right, or you could set it to where you like it and tighten the body mount and then do what you need to do to the lower mount so that it doesn't move the motor.

Definitely had to bend the lower mount significantly to get the antenna close to vertical(not angled toward the centerline). But it looks reasonable now. Interesting to me that the lower mount that came with the car(73 z) was severely bent in a strange manner with no way of fitting the oem antenna I purchased. The lower mount that came with the antenna also would not work, and it hadn't been bent up at all and was in original shape. Oh well, it works now. Thanks, Victor.