IGNORED

Classic bucket seats?

Reinier

Hi guys,

I am thinking of selling my original 280Z seats that are in very good condition and getting a pair of classic style bucket seats. Because I love the way it looks and also to give me extra support in the corners.

Right now I have these preferences:

• The style I like (see pictures).
  • Must have an headrest for safety
  • Budget of 200-400 dollar (euro) per seat
  • From a reputable brand

It seems there are a lot of brands with seats that I like: Corbeau, Sandtler, Cobra, OMP so my preferences are definitely realistic.

Has anyone done this who can give me some tips, tricks and pointers? Things I should consider. Issues I can expect.

Thank you!

Reinier

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 11.59.22.png

Cobra-GT3-500x500.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 12.00.07.png

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 11.59.46.png

Hallo Reinier, jij hier?  hihihi...

Hello Reinier, you here?  😉 

In the 70's they used these König seats among others..(I've seen them on google pic's in rally 240z also in yellow black!)  Now at the moment i have a "scheel autostoel" in my 240z that gives me a lot of support for the corners and is also a much better seat than the original ones.

I you go for some other seats better not sell the old ones, there comes a time you want to sell your car and original seats make a more easy sale..

Maybe some day i put these in my 240z that could use some updating... 

kamer 12-02-2012 005.JPG

Edited by dutchzcarguy
removed mailadres

Hi Mart 🙂

Good to see you here and thanks for the info.

You might be right about keeping the original seats. I guess it all depends on how much I can get for them.

Did the Scheel seat fit easily in your 240Z? Or did you have to make modifications to make it fit?

Best,

Reinier

21 hours ago, Reinier said:

Did the Scheel seat fit easily in your 240Z?

Haha.. no.. i had to make a small dent in the rear left wheel housing to have a good fit for me behind the wheel!  

It's no problem it will come out when i remove both seats when/if i install the König seats..  As they are red/black they would fit very nice in my red 240z.