Torque settings - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Torque settings

Featured Replies

How much do I torque down headder bolts and intake manifold bolts?!?!?!?! Sorry I want to get this done tonight!!!!

you might think of going to studs insted of bolts. any way the smaller bolts tighten to 10 to 13 lbs and the larger ones 25 to 36 lbs. remember the 10mm bolts are two lengths the shorter ones go into the center holes and the longer ones in the outer holes.

  • Author

The top header stud coming out of the engine closest to the radiator is broken off. I installed header and every thing seems to work well. Could this come back to haunt me?

  • 4 weeks later...

You most likely will have a leak eventually and need to remove the broken stud. In removing rusted bolts and nuts , I have found Kroil to be the vary best to penetrate the rust and allow removal. The secound best is PB Blaster, only it smells vary strong . I work in my attached garage and it stinks up the house . Kroil works better and doesn't smell. I dont know if it would have made any difference in your case but I just wanted to pass on the info.

  • 2 weeks later...

if you have a leak in the exhost port up front , it can influnce the thermastat and temp reading.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I would also think leaving a bolt out could lead to a crack in a cast exhaust manifold or warp in a header.

Just a thought.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.