IGNORED

Burnt Oil In Valve Cover: How Dirty is Too Dirty

Muzez

On 12/5/2020 at 1:10 PM, 240260280 said:

You are on cam position #1.  That is fine.  Your mechanical valve timing is a little advanced as shown by the triangle indicator which is fine.  Seems to be a new non-stretched chain.

When you get a couple hundred thousand miles on your Z then you can go to position #2  to take up chain slack.  You have no worries and are good to go.

I will have lived a good life if I get to see this thing cross 100k. 🙂 Will probably be around the same time I am teaching my daughter to drive stick (she will be born next April).

On 12/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, Dave WM said:

get a close up of the tight side timing chain guide. looking for wear in the plastic part. Note using the wrong bolt in thermostat housing can ruin your day, its a through hole that can allow a too long bolt to press that guide into the chain. Check your water pump for play in the shaft. I agree with the others, the engine looks pretty clean to me.

Thanks Dave! Will take a photo of the plastic wear part tomorrow as well as check for play in the water pump. And thanks for the “clean” bill of health. 🙂 New to all of this, so still learning every day.