IGNORED

Kanto Seiki and the S30-series Z

HS30-H

Many of us will recognise the name and logo of Nissan-affiliate gauge and instrument makers KANTO SEIKI and their 'KS' trademark as they made most of the gauges in the S30-series Z, and a few other parts besides.

Perhaps less well known may be the fact that KS had their own line of sporty aftermarket gauges and instruments, which they sold independently to owners who wanted to upgrade their cars for more sporting use. 

One of my current (long-running and sloooow...) project cars will have a 'Rally' theme, and will incorporate a few Kanto Seiki aftermarket parts that I have accumulated over the years. I have two of the KS 'Trip Counter' kits (one standard, one 'deluxe') and one of the rare 'Twin Counter' rally odometers (basically a crib of the Swedish-made Halda 'Twin Master'). 

There was some nice Z-related content in KS's period literature, and KS stickers on some of Nissan's Works rally cars:

KS-Sports-Kit-ad-1.jpg

KS-sticker-1.JPG

KS-Sticker-2.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Whilst having a browse on Yahoo Japan, I came across a Kanto Seiki gauge, which made me have a look to see if there was anything else. Some pictures to go with the info Alan has provided above; This auction had finished, only went for 6800Yen.

Screenshot_2021-01-02  (R211-B131)KS 関東精器トリップ メーター TC21 - ヤフオク .png

Screenshot_2021-01-02  (R211-B131)KS 関東精器トリップ メーター TC21 - ヤフオク (5).pngScreenshot_2021-01-02  (R211-B131)KS 関東精器トリップ メーター TC21 - ヤフオク (1).png

Screenshot_2021-01-02  (R211-B131)KS 関東精器トリップ メーター TC21 - ヤフオク (4).png

Screenshot_2021-01-02  (R211-B131)KS 関東精器トリップ メーター TC21 - ヤフオク (3).png

Screenshot_2021-01-02  (R211-B131)KS 関東精器トリップ メーター TC21 - ヤフオク (2).png

And this auction which is currently current;

Screenshot_2021-01-02 トリップメーター ラリー KANTO SEIKI 中古 送料 - ヤフオク (1).png

Screenshot_2021-01-02 トリップメーター ラリー KANTO SEIKI 中古 送料 - ヤフオク .png

Screenshot_2021-01-02 トリップメーター ラリー KANTO SEIKI 中古 送料 - ヤフオク (2).png

Screenshot_2021-01-02 トリップメーター ラリー KANTO SEIKI 中古 送料 - ヤフオク .png

Edited by RIP260Z
picture in wrong place

• 2 years later...

All,

I recently acquired this Kanto Seiki (Smiths) tachometer.  Unfortunately, no documentation was included with the purchase.

IMG_7082.JPGIMG_7083.JPGIMG_7084.JPG

As you can see, four wires (red, yellow, white, and black) are attached.  There is no switch to indicate 4-6-8 cylinder setting.

Does anyone have documentation on this tachometer or can offer guidance on the proper connection to a 4 or 6 cylinder Datsun?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Edited by zed2
  • Like 1