IGNORED

Rear Lower Outer Wheel Well Passenger Side

Powertool

I own 2 Z's, both purchased recently, so I am yet to be an expert.  On the rear lower outer wheel well on both cars there is a screwed on panel that I think is in front of the gas tank (in other words the lower portion of the outer wheel well both have a panel that is put in place with screws).  Coincidence?  When I bought my first one, I thought it was to cover some rusted area but now I am thinking it is by design from new.....thoughts?  Thanks in advance. 

If you're talking about the screwed-on panel on the passenger (RH) side of the car, that is by design.  It's an access panel for getting to the filler hose connection on the fuel tank.  You really only need it when reinstalling.  But you really do need it then!

Edited by the_tool_man

I laugh because I had initially thought it was to cover rust....I am even happier now!  LOL.  Thanks for the replies and solving the mystery.  Had I not bought a second one I would have never thought to ask the question.  See, it makes sense to own more than one Z.  I am going to tell my wife the benefit of more than one Z car....she will be so happy....NOT. 

• Haha 1