IGNORED

918 Orange. I’m confused.

zKars

Let me know what you find out Richard. I can have my body shop guy tell me the exact mix he used. He has to mix some more too, there are couple things that need to get painted that didn’t get done.... Then you can compare to what your guy did. 

Here is a picture I took in crappy light (daylight at least) of the new paint job on the car. Same phone camera used for both at least. It is slightly less peachy than it was, and definitely more orange. Still not as orange as I think it should be but....  The pictures I see on my ipad here are really more orange than the paint really looks in person.

The car was completed repainted from what the original body shop Used, that I commented on above. They used a 918 formula, they did not scan and try to match the paint that was on portions of the car.

I had a chat with the shop owner about this, he told me, it greatly depends on the quality of the paint you select no matter how carefully you follow the code mix. Lots of experience, I believe his opinion. 

I have to go look if I have a tool bin door or something that is stock 918 somewhere..... 

92801DC1-4FE7-4C05-BE83-BBDC528B7CE6.jpeg

58E59351-D843-4EB8-BAB2-E5103ECA2E11.jpeg

Edited by zKars

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long to get back with the info I promised, but it turns out that the guy who owns the bodyshop also has an interest in a large family farm, and in September in Alberta harvesting tops all other time demands, so my calls were of little urgency.   But now he's done (good, but not great crop he says) and is able to tell me that his paint supplier is R-M.  The formula he used to make up a small batch of touch-up for me is labelled "NIS 918 Orange 1970-74,"  and it matches perfectly with the "peach" colour Jim refers to.  I'm sure others on this discussion are more knowledgeable than I and will be able to read the following formula and  let us know whether R-M's recipe differs from others:

SC01     179.20

SC77     770.10      949.30

SC70     448.10     1,397.40

SC67     297.90     1,695.30

SC10     283.60     1,978.90

SC90     212.70     2,191.60