No turn signal RH tail lamp! - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

No turn signal RH tail lamp!

Featured Replies

I have a 1973 240z, my problem is I have no RH rear tail light signal flashing, the same bulb is used for the 4-way hazard and work OK when hazard switch is activated. RH front park lamp flashing OK when I signal to the right. I have replaced the T/S flasher and check and replaced all bulbs on both sides. Hazard flasher is working on all four corners when activated. LH front lamp and LH rear tail lamp signal is working OK. All the bulbs works fine when I apply the brakes. If anyone have any suggestions, I would appreciate the help.

Thank you for looking!

Edited by yippi427
updated

  • Author

20200722_150829.jpg20200722_150847.jpgHi Steve,

I took the turn signal switch out of the 240z today, took apart the switch where the contact points are located and cleaned all the contacts with electrical cleaner and a brass wire brush. Reasemble the the switch and installed back on the 240z. Turn on the turn signal switch LH and RH, working like new again. I would like to say " Thank you" Steve for your help in solving this issue.

Ron

Edited by yippi427
add photos

Thanks for the update. I love the easy solutions.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.