IGNORED

Locating rack/pinion parts car19500

Thanks to anyone in advance, This afternoon finally greased and reassembled steering rack on series 1 car. I am discovering that the pinion gear catches (like a clunk) right in the centered position where the steering would be centered. It does it again when the gear turns a full revolution in either direction.  I was able to source the pinion seal but had hoped the rest of it was in decent shape. How wrong I was. I have been reading older posts that give parts sources but most were 3 or 4 years ago. Can anyone direct me to a source that would have the pinion gear and bearing? I'm hoping to not have to replace the entire unit but I suppose the rack could be bad too.  Thanks again .

Rack.jpg

Thanks Patcon. . .  I was able to find the pinion bearing and seal today and I'll have it soon. If new bearing doesn't at least improve the catch I'll be shopping around. Somebodies rebuilding and selling them so there might be a pinion gear out there somewhere. Maybe not.