IGNORED

JDM/option footest part

RIP260Z

Hello,

This follows on from this thread;

As I have had a couple interested parties in the ribbed rubber part, lets see if we can do a group buy/small production run. From the above thread;

The ribbed rubber foot grip is usually ripped on on original un-restored footrest, so finding one intact is good. Sometimes the original rubber grip looks like has been put on in a hurry at production, and can have the ribs running crooked. There is a Nissan part number for this, which is NLA. There is a re-production one on Yahoo auctions, but it doesn't look right. Yes, you could use some ribbed floor matting, but the finding the correct ribs, and then they look wrong as they are designed to lay flat. Not round a metal bar of a tight radius. The effect is the ribs are too splayed. So, I had to reproduce my own, 3D printed, so it looks correct.

The reproduction rubber foot grip I had CAD drawn from an original, then 3D printed in plastic. For me, the look was much more important than being in the right material, as more than likely the original was extruded. Now, most owners won't use their footrests as much as when originally fitted, as the cars/parts are much more covetted.

So, yes printed in nylon, correct length, number of ribs, the correct shape and spacing. As you see I have made some castleated additon to the parts, this will help get the parts lined up and a good fit. Then will require glueing on, I can talk you through that later.

DSCF2436.JPG

footrest printed.jpg

footrest printed1.jpg

footrest printed2.jpg

footrest printed end.jpg

Everyone thinks 3D printing is cheap, it can be for small parts, but it doesn't work for this, as the part is long, and to get 8 (16 halves) brings the build volume up and in a way to make an "Airfix"model frame so it can be actually printed.

Price is $60 plus shipping. US people, its probably going to be cheaper to ship all to one person (price spread between you) and then ship internally. Shipping to and from the US has risen hugely over the last few years. I am in the UK.

To happen, 8 people needed, as this is how many footrest ribbed parts are in the file.

PM me, or add here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...