IGNORED

Door Pin Switch Interchange / Modification

BoldUlysses

So both of my door pin switches are dead.  The geniuses who did the rust repair and repaint just left them in place and painted over them, and the plungers are crushed in besides...

Apparently these are different between left (3-wire) and right (2-wire) sides.  And the 3-wire ones seem to be NLA.  Question:

Is it possible to use the same switch (2-wire) on both sides?  I understand this will cause issues with the seatbelt buzzer (the reason for the 3rd wire), but fastening my seatbelt is something I do instinctively anyway, so I have no qualms about disabling it if I need to.

Thanks as always for any and all help.  You guys are great.

3 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

I think the 3rd wire on the left side is for the key in the ignition buzzer when you open the door.  Your choice to add a wire for this annoying little feature or just go with the 2-wire for the overhead light.

OK thanks.  I'll just order two of the right-hand ones then.  The dash is currently out of the car, so it should (hopefully) be easier to disable it.  I understand accessing it with the dash in place is the big challenge.