IGNORED

Alternate grills

Patcon

I was looking at a couple of grills for my 240z project. One is the Skillard grill  that fills the whole front end. especially when running an air dam. The other is a similar grill I found on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-240Z-Billet-Aluminum-Grille-2-Taller-Then-Stock-Grille/192931904057?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I was wondering if anyone has tried either of the grills? Any comments on fit or appearance? Are the bars similar in size to the factory grill?

Thanks, C

• 2 months later...

I have the Skillard grill in my 260z. The original grill had corroded, some of the louvers were missing so I took it off and ended up using wire mesh for years

Last year I found the Skillard website, saw their grill and ordered it. Very well made product , and fits perfectly. The bars (from memory, no longer have original) are slightly larger but that gives it more strength and rigidity

Owner was easy to deal with, communicated well and promptly

cheers

Edited by plutovitch
  • Like 1