IGNORED

240Z luggage straps

Richard McDonel

I have an MSA carpet in the hatch area.  The back edge is up against the two rear luggage strap mounts, and this forces the carpet forward, leaving a bulge in the middle.  The carpet is too long.  Should there be, or should I cut notches in the rear edge of the carpet to make room for the mounts, or should I  punch through the carpet and screw the mounts down on top of the carpet?   

Thanks

4 hours ago, Richard McDonel said:

Thanks Jim,

I was a bit concerned that having the back of the carpet screwed to the floor might make spare-tire access an issue, but (hopefully) that's a problem we won't have to deal with often.

I appreciate your advice.

Richard,

To clarify - the area that I am referring to is the bulkhead right behind the seats,not at the taillight panel.  You do want the strap mounts at the taillight panel to be aft of the carpet edge so you can easily get into the spare tire well.  There is a good possibility that your carpet edge binding is already notched at this area to fit around the strap mounts.  Sorry that I was not more clear on the first response.

Jim

Edited by jfa.series1