New springs, coils are touching - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New springs, coils are touching

Featured Replies

Just got done installing my new springs, once I lowered the car back to the ground I looked under the wing and noticed this:

DSC_0001.JPG

I plan on calling Tokico and MSA tomorrow to ask about this, but has anyone else encountered this? does it do bad things to the car?

BTW the ride height looks pretty good:

DSC_0006.jpg

That does not look right to me. I wonder if they gave you the wrong spring rates. Whatever it is, they should not be touching.:ermm:

The top few coils shold not be touching like that, unless they are too soft progressive rate springs which they do not appear to be. Not acceptable.

Drive it - see how it feels. If the shoe fits.....

- Jeff

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.