IGNORED

Fuel Pump Bullet Connector Location?

chaseincats

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find the bullet connectors for the fuel pump to splice in a cutoff mechanism and cannot seem to find them ('78 280z).  I looked under the passenger side carpet (behind the seat) and under the seat itself but cannot seem to find any bullet connectors.

I attached a couple pictures showing the wires I'm looking at.

• Picture 1 shows an aerial view of the wires under the carpet (behind the passenger seat).
  • Picture 2 shows what is under the passenger seat.

Am I looking in the wrong spot?

-chase

IMG_4466.JPG

IMG_4469.JPG

Inside the right hand old storage bin there is a rubber boot in the hole in the floor pan, you can just see it through the drainage hole for the storage bin on the bulkhead, that is where Nissan had the the fuel pump leads heading out to the pump. Looks like someone has been doing some creative wiring in that area. Get under the car and have a look at the leads coming from the pump.

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

Inside the right hand old storage bin there is a rubber boot in the hole in the floor pan, you can just see it through the drainage hole for the storage bin on the bulkhead, that is where Nissan had the the fuel pump leads heading out to the pump. Looks like someone has been doing some creative wiring in that area. Get under the car and have a look at the leads coming from the pump.

Do you mean that the bullet connectors are inside the storage area behind the seats or that they might have been chopped off when the PO played with the wiring?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, grannyknot said:

I'm a bit out of my depth but those switches are designed for AC, but yes they will probably work, can't see why they wouldn't.  Is this cut off switch to  turn off power to the fuel pump for anti-theft reasons like a hidden switch?

Yea, thats the plan.  I have a bunch of these laying around which is why I was curious.