IGNORED

How can you document a car's history?

DannDZ

I've owned an early '71 (8/70, 8325) since 1975. I've moved since the purchase, so the title does not show the original owner. The serial number VIN does't work in today's VIN checkers. I've attempted to contact the selling dealer, with no luck. (I understand that it was the first Z that they sold.)

Since I was 19 at the time, I didn't keep my sales receipt from when I bought it from the first owner.

I'm open to all suggestions on where to go from here. What have you done to document the history of your car?

DannDZ

3 hours ago, DannDZ said:

I've owned an early '71 (8/70, 8325) since 1975. I've moved since the purchase, so the title does not show the original owner. The serial number VIN does't work in today's VIN checkers. I've attempted to contact the selling dealer, with no luck. (I understand that it was the first Z that they sold.)

Since I was 19 at the time, I didn't keep my sales receipt from when I bought it from the first owner.

I'm open to all suggestions on where to go from here. What have you done to document the history of your car?

DannDZ

Often, the original owners manual and service record book listing the original owner and record of dealer service are still in the glovebox when a car moves on to a new owner.  If you didn't get those when you bought the car, you may be out of luck.

Dennis

41 minutes ago, psdenno said:

Often, the original owners manual and service record book listing the original owner and record of dealer service are still in the glovebox when a car moves on to a new owner.  If you didn't get those when you bought the car, you may be out of luck.

Dennis

Thanks for the idea. I'll look at my books a bit closer. 

Any ideas on how to conduct a "deep search?"