IGNORED

New Datsun Scarab Book - Resurrecting the Legend

Randalla

I previously posted information on my new book in a thread about this years ZCON in Branson, MO where the book debuted. I was  told this might be a more appropriate place on our site for those interested in purchasing a book or knowing more about the history of Datsun Scarab and Scarab Engineering.

“Resurrecting the Legend – The Real Datsun Scarab Story,” is a meticulously researched 104 page book documenting the history of the Scarab Engineering Company and its cars from 1975-81. Over the years there have been many myths perpetrated that are addressed and refuted in it. The book is based on personal interviews with the company’s founders and employees, all of whom had gone underground more than 35 years ago. The development of Brian Morrow’s very first Scarab is chronicled as well as the events at each of the three shop locations, leading up to the company finally being sold. With nearly 90 color photographs and illustrations, the book defines what a Scarab is and describes its roll in automotive history. By the mid-1970s, domestic muscle car performance had been emasculated, and by association so had the egos of many of their drivers. Scarab came on the scene at just the right time. The Scarab was so much more than a Datsun Z-car with a transplanted Chevrolet V8 engine: it was a completely reengineered automobile, with each system and component carefully considered, improved or replaced, to realize Morrow’s goal of creating a well-balanced machine capable of shaming all comers. Road Test magazine said it best when it wrote, “Subtle as a chain-link jock strap, the Scarab will not only blow 99 percent of the cars on the road in the weeds, it’ll do it in style.”   

For those interested in purchasing a copy you can email me at parallax.randy.lewis@gmail.com. (my PayPal is the same). Books, including shipping, are $35 each. Would make an inexpensive gift for Z enthusiasts. I'd be happy to answer questions about the company and its cars here as well.    

cover-front.jpg

cover_back.jpg

1_Scarab_book layout.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I'd love to see you in Scottsdale and show you my Z-cars and other cars if you are interested. Please let me know when you'll be coming out. You probably know January is car auction month in Scottsdale which is an excellent time to be here for car guys. If you know of anyone wanting a Scarab book, they are available on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223638321695

• Like 1