Don't know if this is the right forum, but, my car is now up on Bring a Trailer ..... - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Don't know if this is the right forum, but, my car is now up on Bring a Trailer .....

Featured Replies

Nice!  Good luck!  Hope yours does better than the last 2 V8 swapped cars.  That Yellow one was really nice. 

  • Author

Well, it "sold" for $19,000, so I would say that it did well.  The bidding got really fast and furious in the last 30 minutes.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I had the reserve originally at $20k.  If you were watching the auction, it hit $10k on Day 1 and then just sat at $10k until the last hour.  Ramped up to $14k in 30 minutes and then sat until the last 10 minutes.  Went from $14k to $17.5k in a blink and I lowered reserve to $17.5k.  It then jumped to $19k.

Yeah, I checked on it this morning.  Glad you got close to what you had the original reserve set for!  Random question, did you have the floors / rails replaced?  If so, where'd you get it done?  I'm local (Tustin) and i'm searching for a place for some rust repair. 

  • Author

I had a set of Bad Dog frame rails and sub-frame connectors installed.  They were installed by the late John Coffey when he owned Beta Motorsports.

 Z's are a little special with the floor pans given their unibody construction, so I can't really recommend anyone else right now unfortunately. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.