IGNORED

L24 or L20 on Dyno, Japan 1970

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

2 litre being tested for emissions in 1970

testing 1970.JPG

Looks like a North American market car to me, complete with rear markers, 'Datsun 240Z' tailgate emblems and '240Z' script quarter emblem.

You really need to check that filter...

9 hours ago, 240260280 said:

The photo credit said 2000. The driver is on the left but the tail lights seem to have odd reverse darkness compared to the the rest of the light?

Maybe you should put the tail lamps through one of your grayscale algorithm tests?

The car has a '240Z' script quarter panel emblem, 'Datsun 240Z' tailgate emblems and rear side markers. I don't see a "driver". I see somebody sticking his head out of the left side window.

My money's on it being a North American market car.   

I was thinking that maybe the brakes are on to cause the red areas to seem brighter than the clear area in the photo. This would fit North American with 3 bulbs lit. Here is the credit.

"Nissan Motor CO
JAPAN, YOKOHAMA: Nissan Motor Co., Yokohama plant. Engine testing section of the Engine department where the Emission Control Program is being worked out (anti air pollution control)Exhaust analyzing at the testing laboratory. Here a small sample tube is introduced into the exhaust pipe inside the larger exhaust drainage pipe. Car is Datsun Sports 2000 Z, Yokohama, Japan in 1970."

Edited by 240260280