E brake light dim on speedometer - Page 4 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

E brake light dim on speedometer

Featured Replies

  • Author
On 10/22/2018 at 5:26 PM, Patcon said:

To clean the switch it really has to be off the car. That means all the brakes would needed bleeding after that. You would also have to protect the paint on the frame rails. The brake fluid will remove it fairly quickly. You really can't clean it by just removing the sensor post.

Should i first attempt on bleeding the brakes and then see if the light goes off?

6 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

Should i first attempt on bleeding the brakes and then see if the light goes off?

If the sensor is grounded I don't think bleeding would help, but you could try it if you want too. Bleeding your brakes in a high humidity environment like Panama is not a bad idea.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

It can be difficult to get it disassembled if it's badly corroded. The bolts on the end can be really tight and you need to take care not to damage the aluminum housing. I did not have new seals. I think I came up with some seals to reseal it. It would be in my build thread. Some brake safe grease would be nice too on reassembly. I cleaned everything and obviously replated it all. Be sure you put the correct end in the correct place. You should also test the sensor plug for continuity and isolation.

Patcon did you replace the orings and bushings? if so what was your source?

  • Author
17 hours ago, Patcon said:

It can be difficult to get it disassembled if it's badly corroded. The bolts on the end can be really tight and you need to take care not to damage the aluminum housing. I did not have new seals. I think I came up with some seals to reseal it. It would be in my build thread. Some brake safe grease would be nice too on reassembly. I cleaned everything and obviously replated it all. Be sure you put the correct end in the correct place. You should also test the sensor plug for continuity and isolation.

Anyway of buying this part period?

4 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

Anyway of buying this part period?

Used, yes, new, I don't think so NLA

 

  • 2 months later...
  • Author
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, joe newsom said:

can this piece be separated?

IMG_0981[4322].jpg

Can i remove this part with a wrench and clean it ? i have noticed that sometimes after a couple of minutes of running the car, the brake light comes off completely. Randomly but not every time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.