best exhaust system? - Page 2 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

best exhaust system?

Featured Replies

Yeh, is just rust preventative, no performance difference.

I took a mild steel muffler of my car that I bought new after about a year and there was already loose flakes of metal floating around inside it that had rusted off, not to mention the surface rust on the outside that had flaked off all the black paint.

adding a bullet muffler behind the collecter will quiet things a bit , I was told by the manufacture to use masking tape on the tail pipe from the collecter back to the diff. . Run the engine up to about 2K or where the resonence happends and hold the rpm at that point for about 1 min. then check to see where the tape is burned and that is where to place the resonater. this placement is important to the removal of the resonance. my 3c

Mmmm. A lot of money just for rust-prevention. I guess a lot of people do it for the looks too...

I'll stick with my mild (not-rusting) steel :)

a lot of money for rust prevention ? :)

Do the terms "Bare metal respray", "Epoxy Primer", "POR-15", "New floor pans", "New frame rails" sound familiar....

After the $^!# and expense we go through to save our rusting zeds, I'll save up the extra $300 to go towards the exhaust as the rest of the car will have sucked up multiples of that in rust prevention.

LOL

I have never heard that masking tape idea though....sounds reasonable except for cutting open a good exhaust to insert the resonator and cleaning the cooked masking tape off the piping :)

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

well i figure ill have this exhaust for a while so illl do it right the first time and not have to worry about the thing for years.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.