IGNORED

Not a Z, but I had to share.

DatsunZGuy

I work in Santa Barbara, California. Today, while crossing the street to get my daily lunchtime smoothie, I see a pristine silver 1957 Mercedes Benz 300 SL gullwing waiting patiently for the light to turn green. The light changes and masterpiece slowly drives up State Street. I watch the people on the sidewalk go about their business oblivious to the fact that a $300.000 plus classic legend has driven by. The distinct tone of the fuel injected slant six made everything around me silent.

It made my Monday.:love:

WOW !! I've never seen that beauty in real life, but man, that would have been a truly amazing sight. Too bad you didn't have a camera huh?

I saw a Alfa Montreal once... that's about as good as it has gotten. Gold Coast is a very plasticy, modern city. An old house is one that is over 20 years old...

That is one of my favorite cars. There was only 1500 or so made. The only time that I have ever seen those are at car shows or when I saw a gullwing and a roadster at the Blackhawk museum. When I was at the Monterey historic races there were a few racing 300sl's(not slr's), and standing by them was Jay Leno. FYI. Take care.

-Ben

I was in Italy last summer, walking through Florence, and there is all this honking noise, and look. Six gullwings drive by along with other incrediable MB cars.

I am sorry to say that I didn't have my camera with me, and my wife couldn't give a hoot what just drove buy. I still have dream of that time.

Michael

In Italy?! They must have been brave... hehe

When I was in Sorrento I saw, on the harbour, an immaculate Alfa Guilia (or however you spell it???) just sitting there. Was amazing, pity I didn't have a camera as it would have made a PERFECT photo. Hmmph.

Also saw a Testarossa in the middle of Florence. Fantastic sight...