IGNORED

WTB Brake Booster & headlight switch for my 1970 240Z

borini63

Looking for a brake booster(mine is broken from the pedal rod) and also looking to buy a Headlight switch( Mine not working for the headlights but works for the barking lights)

Please let me know if you have.

Jamal

602-433-1161

kuwaity63@hotmail.com

Or just reply.

THANK YOU GUYS.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have either of what your looking for but I have been restoring my 75 260z and came across the same problem as you with the headlights. Turns out my hi beam toggle switch that is with the turn signal assembly was the problem. 

I would imagine they are similar just not identical. 

Thank you for the reply and the tip.

I pulled my headlight switch out and opened it up and cleaned it and adjusted the little connectors .Put it back .Also I changed the connector for the left headlight (burned out from the heat)and replaced the both Lt and Rt headlight fuses. Now I have a headlights and they are bright thanks to the 60Amps 280ZX Alternator.

Just bought a Brake booster and it will go in when I get a chance.

Now I am facing a problem with my brake lights .I will pull the turn signal  switch and clean, I will replace both flashers with new brake switch and I hope I will have a brake lights.

Thank You again.

• 5 weeks later...

Fixed my Headlight switch. Works nice now. Found a booster in ebay, bought it and installed it ......was lucky enough that the booster worked.

Opened the turn signal switch and cleaned it. Still no brake lights. Bought new brake switch and installed it, also replaced both flashers and still no brake lights......checked all the grounds, still no brake lights.

Still not sure what to do next!!!!

Edited by borini63

Jamal, Had the same issue, one day the brake lights stopped working, pulled out the wiring diagram and it turns out that the power is supplied from the same wire that feeds the hazard relay (pass side kick panel)..checked for power there, present, check for power at the brake switch...nada, instead of tearing the dash apart..I found another 12v source to feed the switch and all is well in z land.

Thanks for the tip.

I tried to get a 12v source and I wired the brake switch direct from the battery,,,,after that I noticed the wire got very hot when I apply the brake pedal.

So from where you got the 12V source....Is your switch wire get hot too.......

When I did that I got the brake light to work but the wire that comes out the brake switch will get too hot.

The wire should not be getting hot. Is it getting hot on both sides of the brake switch? Was the brake circuit blowing the fuse (bottom of left side in fuse box) before you used the bypass wire? 

Power should be coming through the fusible link to the large gauge white wire that goes to the fuse box. It comes off the bottom fuse on the left and through the green/yellow wire to the brake switch. (The hazard light flasher also taps into that wire.)

I hope this helps.

hazard-turn-brake-circuit-v2-1.jpg

Thank You guys....now I have a brake lights.

I just wired the brake switch with 12V source from the Fuse box.I chose the interior Dom light,glove box light and map light  Fuse.....Working good now.No  blowing horns on me any more. Lol