IGNORED

Inner fender steel sheet / part for my 280z from 1977

christian_presslmayer

Hi there,

as I had to realize that my 280z from Arizona had a major accident in its former history that had not been dealt with professionally (the left inner fender is appr. 2cm shorter and 1,5cm higher than the right one) I am searching for a good quality left inner fender.

Could anybody offer such a part with shipping to my forwarding warehouse in Florida (as I am from Austria) - with payment in advance via paypal?

The attached file shows the needed part with yellow color in the given technical scheme.

Thank you for your kind support in advance, Chris

70-78-Front-End-Body-Hoode-needed part.gif

Finding those two panels NOS will be a very tall order if not impossible, your best bet would be to cut out that section from a parts car and have it grafted in or drill out the spot welds and re work your original panels.  I'm not sure how much it is done anymore but some body shops use a rack, chains and hydraulics to pull/stretch a chassis back to spec. If you can find a shop that still does it, that would be the fastest and cheapest way to fix the problem.

Hi grannyknot,

thank you for your info & support - your proposed solution is clearly Plan B for the inner fender and will be needed to bring the lower frame section in the right place again - if I could manage to get a good total part I would invest in it (incl. shipping) ...

Kind regards, Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
May know someone that can help with this....have forwarded your post to him.  Good luck with it, and good on you for intending to do the repairs correctly!

Thank you very much for your kind support - try to bing the z in near original state again to have fun with it!

Today managed to bring the hood to the Metall and ground spray it ...IMG_2404.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile