IGNORED

Replacing a clutch

loudoun

19 minutes ago, Dave WM said:

I was at an autozone looking for a replacement flywheel (in case my 225) back when I was working on mine. all they had was the 240mm sized flywheel (based on bolt holes for the pressure plate). Funny thing is the BOX and all the computer stuff said it was for the 225 clutch, but I had the 225 pressure plate right in front of me and it clearly was not. I ended getting the clutch kit and just scuffing up my old 225 flywheel (it was not bad after all).

That seems to be the current scenario.  There are few 225 mm flyhweels out there.  People will have stories of the place they bought one at 3 or 4 years ago, but when you go back they're NLA.  

I think that the reason there are 240 mm flyhweels out there is because they were also used on various truck and SUVs. We'll all have to convert eventually.

image.png