IGNORED

OER Carburetor linkage

esmit208

The triple install will be soon. I haven't decided whether to use a cable or the linkage components.I am a bit hesitant to use the cable due to stretch over time but I am not positive on what length of linkage I need and are any modifications needed to the factory swivel point? Any suggestions would be appreciated along with HD pictures if you would. These are 47mm OER's and I plan to install them next summer after the plumbing and hardware are secured. Thanx for any asistance.

IMG_20111006_120729.jpg

16 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

I call it a Shepherds hook for obvious reasons.  I think the proper name is torsion shaft.

They may be shorter  and adjustable on 280zx's

20151009_134011_large.jpg?v=1444446812image.png

IMG_9951.JPG?v=1450490879

U DA MAN THANX. Did you have to get a shorter one or were you able to use the one that came with the SU's?

Edited by esmit208
Mispelling

21 hours ago, 240260280 said:

On a 240z I used the longer one.  I needed a short one for a 510. It depends on where the manifold shaft ends.

engine photo.jpg

Thanx 468.

How difficult was the initial tuning? Are you satisfied with the performance?

• Like 1

There are so many interactive parameters with side drafts that tuning may be challenging for some.

The first crucial steps are to ensure the engine is in top form, the carb install is w/o air leaks, and that all linkages to the carbs start moving at exactly at the same time and they open the same amount to 90 degrees (where the stop bolt on the floor under the gas pedal will do its job).