IGNORED

New Find.70 240Z

borini63

Then I decide to swap my extra 280ZX 5Speed tranny to my 240Z.......

I think I need to cut out the tranny tunnel to clear the shifter rod.

What you guys think??

First..the 4speed out.....

Then the 5 speed in and the shifter hole is too narrow.......also I had to cut the outlet exhaust pipe to clear the tranny......I am not worry because I will install a headers.

DSC06527.JPG

DSC06528.JPG

DSC06529.JPG

DSC06530.JPG

Edited by borini63

I think most people heat a shifter rod and bend it to align with the hole. Most don't want to cut the tunnel because it creates other problems as well as being hard to repair. Search for some images or threads on Google

3 minutes ago, Patcon said:

I think most people heat a shifter rod and bend it to align with the hole. Most don't want to cut the tunnel because it creates other problems as well as being hard to repair. Search for some images or threads on Google

This Z is a 70 and I believe the later year models has a wider tunnel shifter opening....I already have a bent shift rod!!

Back in the early 90's I also torch bent the rod, still had to make some slices and bend the sheet metal up to clear. Since I learned some new tricks. I would cut the rod right above the fulcrum and add a plate to move it back per diem, not that hard and no (body) cutting needed.